Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I setup a new attendance device?
- Please see the following youtube video for setting up a new device.
2. How do I add a new user?
- Please see the following video for adding new user.
3. The wifi text is RED and there is no data in the server
- Please Follow instruction 1. Make sure the wifi is setup properly according to the instruction. Make sure the SSID and password is set correctly. Please take special care of any 'space' before or after the texts.
4. How can I get data directly to my server?
- Please consult our API documentation.
5. Does the device support ethernet connection
- No. As of now, it only connects through Wifi
6. I've scanned card/finger but I can't see any data in the website.
- The device sends data to the server when it remains idle for 1 minute. If you don't scan card/finger for a minute and if the internet connection is active, you should see the data in the server.
- There is a also a "live" data mode in the device setting where the device sends data immediately to the server. However this mode can reduce the device speed significantly if the internet connection is slow
7. What happens when there is no internet connection?
- Stellar devices have internal memory to save data when there is no internet. The devices sends data to the server as soon as network becomes available.
8. I've connected to the hotspot but I still can't see any data in the server
- Is the "wifi" text yellow in color? Please make sure your mobile has enough data or MB for the device to connect to server. Stellar devices use minimum amount of data to operate.
9. What should I do if I don't have a continuous internet connectivity, for example, in remote areas.
- The device operates without an active internet connection. However to send data to the server it needs internet connectivity. Our remote users often use the devices offline and at the end of the day create a hotspot to send the data collected throughout the day.
10. Wifi connection is intermittent and for most of the times the "wifi" text remains red.
- You can do multiple things to prevent this. Use a stronger router. Bring the devices closer the to the router. The signal indicator should show at least three bars to have a non intermittent connection.